How can we make this website better? YOU can discuss it today; click here.
Please improve an article!!
2011 Tournament & Event dates
Alexander Dinerchtein, 3-dan professional of the Korean Baduk(Go) Association and 7-time European Go champion has organised a go teaching opportunity for western players on KGS
- Hettinga Estate Winery
- 1024 Pakowhai Road
- PO Box 577
- Hawke's Bay
- New Zealand
- 23 and 24 Apil 2011
- Tony Chen Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Chen - 021 294 1308 Email:email@example.com
- Playing Conditions & Draws
- 1 hour each, 30 seconds byo-yomi. NZ rules apply (7 points komi)
- 5 round McMahon. Draws will be made based on the following rules
- (1) No same two players shall meet more than once
- (2) Players on the same score will be matched up in the next round where possible
- (3) The draw will try to ensure that each player will get to play black 3 times or white 3 times
- (4) Players from different cities will be matched up where possible
Each player’s McMahon starting score will be determined by the tournament organiser.
There are Dan and Kyu sections unless the number of entries is not sufficient. The Kyu section will have handicaps to ensure fair games.
Tie-breaking: A tournament winner shall be determined by SOS in the event of a tie.
 Time Table
- Saturday, 23th of April
9:00 - 11:30 Round 1 11:30 - 12:20 Lunch 12:20 - 2:50 Round 2 2:50 - 5:20 Round 3
- Sunday, 24st of April
9:30 - 12:00 Round 4 12:00 - 12:50 Lunch 12:50 - 3:20 Round 5 3:25- 3:40 Prize Giving
We may hold a Go Party on the Saturday evening
Entry Fee: $20
 Entry form
The 2nd Hawkes Bay Eastern Rock - Hettinga Go Tournament Entry Form
Family Name: ___________________________ First Name: _______________________________
E-mail Address: _______________________________ Telephone Number: ____________________
Playing Strength: ________ dan / kyu (delete either one)
If require airport pickup, time and date of arrival and flight number: ___________________________
I can bring the following number of go clocks _______
I need to be billeted on the following nights (tick box) Friday, 22/04 Saturday, 23/04
I enclose a cheque for $20, made payable to Hawkes Bay Go Club or pay on arrival .