How can we make this website better? YOU can discuss it today; click here.
Please improve an article!!
New Zealand Go Society
About the NZGS
The New Zealand Go Society:
- publishes Go news to Kiwis
- organises the annual NZ Go Congress competition
- maintains a points system for members
- sends a NZ representative to the World Amateur Go Championship ("WAGC") annually and to other international competitions from time to time
- runs a bookshop (selling boards, stones, books) with special deals for members
- is a member of the International Go Federation
- monitors the progress of the Go Kichi Trophy
- persuaded User:Lakeland to create and maintain this web site in 2006 and through most of 2007
How to become a member of the NZ Go Society
- Find a club near you.
- Become a member of a club!
- Form your own club by finding at least five like minded people.
- Appoint one of your number to act as "club secretary".
- Have your secretary register your club with the NZGS by forwarding the names of your members (at least five) plus any subscription fee, to the Treasurer of the NZGS.
- Have your secretary send an annual list of members (names, addresses and playing strengths) to the NZGS.
- Become an unattached member if you are not in the area of an existing club.
- To do this email the secretary including your name, address and playing strength.
- Receive a membership pack from the secretary.
- Pay your membership fee to the NZGS by direct credit.
Membership runs from 1 July to 30 June the following year. Membership is currently free ($0 per annum).
Contacts for the New Zealand Go Society include:
View the  (currently empty and awaiting your submissions! Also, we have a few spread around the wiki)