How can we make this website better? YOU can discuss it today; click here.
Please improve an article!!
Auckland Go Club
- Auckland Chess Centre, 17 Cromwell Street, Mt Eden
- 7:30 Wednesdays
- David Wu suggested making the first Wednesday of each month a 'Super Wednesday' when everyone would come along, so that there would be a decent group of people to play against. The idea was enthusiastically accepted by the group. The first 'Super Wednesday' will be in July. Come along!
- Colin Grierson - phone (09) 532-9996 (home) or (09) 525-7353 (work)
- Michael Taler - phone (09) 620-9872 (home)
- Finally, after several years of free use of the Auckland Chess Centre, we have to pay a nightly fee of $15. To cover this the club now has a nightly playing fee. The rates will be:
- Members: $3 per night, or $20 for 10 consecutive nights.
- Non-members: First two nights free, then $5 per night.
- We have also instituted a $20 yearly membership fee. This will cover promotion activity, new equipment, and so on.
- Many thanks to the Chess Centre for its long period of generosity, and the reasonable rate they have given us now.
- See also
- 2003 Auckland Go Champs
- 2007 Auckland Championship
- 2008 Auckland Open
- 2009 Auckland Open
- Auckland Cambricare Cup Go Tournament