How can we make this website better? YOU can discuss it today; click here.
Please improve an article!!
List of Go clubs in New Zealand
- Auckland Chess Centre, 17 Cromwell Street, Mt Eden
- 7:30 Wednesdays
- Colin Grierson - phone (09) 532-9996 (home) or (09) 525-7353 (work)
- Michael Taler - phone (09) 620-9872 (home)
- Kate Edgar Information Commons, level 0
- 4:30 Tuesdays
- Jonathan Teutenberg - phone (09) 373-7599 ext 87458
- Masterton Chess Club (this club is in recess).
- Tuesday nights
- Tom van Bodegraven -(021) 434-642
- Barry and Yucong's House, 42 Whites Line West, Woburn, Lower Hutt.
- 7:00 Thursdays, not every week, please contact Edwin for details if you wish to attend
- Edwin Phease - email email@example.com
- Teru Yanagahashi - phone (04) 972-1867
- 55 Matheson's Rd
- 7:30 Tuesdays
- W F C Taylor - phone (03) 379-6422 home, (03) 364-2686 (work)
During the Summer (Nov 14 2012-Feb 18 2013, the Dunedin club will be meeting at The Chinese Garden (Crn Rattray & Cumberland), 7-9 pm Wednesday's.
- There is an annual charge of $20 or $15 (student) for unlimited access to the Garden or a $9 per entry charge.
- Jame Guthrie- phone 022 0916291
- During the Summer (Nov 14 - Feb 18) the OU Go Club will be joining forces with the Dunedin Go Club. See above for meeting details.
- Graeme Parmenter - phone (027) 498 8058. firstname.lastname@example.org
Relationship to the NZGS
The following is copied from the NZGS Constitution:
- 2.3 A Go Club may become affiliated to the Society be registering all of its members (of whom there must be at least 5) with the society. Registration shall be effective upon receipt by the Society’s treasurer of a club’s membership list, accompanied by the appropriate subscription which shall be derived by multiplying the number of members on the list by the annual membership subscription of the society.
- 2.4 An affiliated club shall nominate one of its members as club secretary who shall be responsible for communications between club members and the Society committee which should normally be addressed to the secretary of the Society. The club secretary’s duties shall also include informing the committee at least annually of the names, addresses and playing strengths of club members and the name and address of any replacement club secretary.
- 2.5 Any breach of the provision of this constitution by any club or any member or members shall render it, them, him or her liable to exclusion from the Society at the discretion of the committee.
Ability to hold tournaments earning WAGC points
"WAGC points are the points awarded to placegetters in official (national and club) Go tournaments in New Zealand, used at the conclusion of each annual NZ Open for determining who represents New Zealand at the following year's WAGC." "Players who place in the top 4 of a regional tournament, or top 8 in the national tournament, earn WAGC points."
"In theory, any club affiliated to the NZGS ... can run a tournament attracting points."
There has been inconclusive debate about the amount of publicity needed in order for a tournament to qualify and "who is responsible for informing members of tournaments". The most recent discussion at the AGM indicated everybody was happy with informing the secretary two months prior to the tournament.