2018 Wellington Open
The Wellington club is pleased to announce the 2018 WELLINGTON OPEN and invite all Go Players in New Zealand at that time to participate.
Date: Saturday 24th - Sunday 25th November 2018
Location: Victoria University Wellington
Entry Fee: $20 ($10 for students)
The 2018 Wellington Open will be held on 24-25th November at the Kelburn campus of Victoria University (room TBD). The University is a short walk away from the CBD and there is free parking available at the University for the entire weekend. The entry fee is $20, or $10 for students, to be paid in cash on the first day of the competition.
Complementary lunch and snacks will be provided for both days, and we are planning on going out for dinner on the Saturday night. Depending on the number of participants we will have separate categories for kyu and dan players. In this case, kyu players be using handicaps to equalize ranks, and thus will ineligible to earn WGC points for representing New Zealand in international competition.
If you are planning on entering the tournament, please register below so we have an accurate estimation of participants before the event and we can email you if any changes occur. If you coming from out of town and need accommodation, let us know so we can help.
- 7 rounds will be played. Four on Saturday and three on Sunday, with the addition of any tie-breaker games played on the Sunday.
- New Zealand rules will be used. Breaking the rules will result in immediate loss of the game and possible disqualification from the tournament.
- Byo-yomi (10m+30sx3) time control will be used, with 10 minutes main time and 3 byo-yomi periods of 30 seconds
- Tie-breaker (blitz) games will be used to determine an ultimate winner in the case of a first place tie. Tie-breaker games will use New Zealand rules, with a byo-yomi of 1 minute main time and 1 byo-yomi period of 10 seconds.
- Kyu and dan divisions will be used if there are sufficient participants. The kyu-division will use handicaps to equalize the the strength of different players.
|09:30||Round 1||09:30||Round 5|
|11:20||Round 2||11:20||Round 6|
|14:00||Round 3||14:00||Round 7|
|15:50||Round 4||15:50||Tie-breaker (or early prize-giving)|
Please register so we have an accurate estimation of participants before the event and we can email you if any changes occur.
Use the link: https://wellingtongoclub.github.io/wo-registration.html
Scroll to the bottom to find the registration form.
If you coming from out of town and need accommodation, let us know so we can help.