Dear Go Players,
Auckland 2022 Open is being held on the 19 & 20 November 2022! This is an in person only even so please make sure you can attend the tournament in person.
The tournament is sponsored by Southern Alps Group, an innovative aged care company focusing on Asian elders in New Zealand and Australia. With strong respect and belief in cultural difference for ethnic minorities in immigration countries, Southern Alps promotes the traditions and varieties of Asian cultures. Thanks to their sponsorship our tournament will have generous prizes.
The 2022 Auckland Open returns to the SASIT building,Thanks to SASIT for allowing us to use their building for our tournament.
Address: 520 Gt South Rd Greenlane, conveniently central and with table tennis and pool tables for between games relaxation.
Parking is available off Woodbine Ave behind the building.
Everyone will have a real opportunity to win a prize and thanks to our sponsor the prizes will be generous! Winners will also receive a trophy to keep.
- After the first two rounds we will assign players to one of four groups depending on their results.
- Win/win Group 1, Win/lose Group 2, Lose/win Group 3 and Lose/lose Group 4
- There will be a prize for the player with the best result in each group.
- The winner of group 1 is also the tournament winner of course and there will also be prizes for tournament second and third.
- These groups are for awarding prizes only - they will have no effect on the tournament draw.
The tournament will have two divisions.
- The open division is open to all, but is intended for stronger players with a rank of at least one dan.
- Division two is limited to players one dan or weaker.
- Both divisions will play even games.
- Both divisions will have 6 rounds with 50 minutes per player each game, this will let us have a relaxed start, at 9:45 on Saturday.
- 'Fisher' time control will be used with 10 minutes main time and 20 seconds added for each move. This gives each person about 50 minutes to complete a game.
Lunches is provided as part of the entry fee.
- There will be a selection of breads, with meat, cheese, salads, spreads and other fillings from which you assemble your lunch.
- There is also a microwave oven if you wish to bring your own food and heat it.
- Tea, coffee, fruit and biscuits will be available throughout the day.
AGM (Annual General Meeting)
We will hold the Auckland Go Club annual general meeting on Sunday before we go to lunch.
- Choose a new committee to run the Auckland club
- Discuss whatever needs to be discussed - in particular restarting regular weekly meetings
- Other business (Anything related to the Auckland Go club that you want to talk about)
Dinner and social on Sunday Night
Dinner will be on Sunday night after thanks giving to give everyone a chance to socialise and congratulate the winners. All players are welcome!
People coming to Auckland
If you are coming to Auckland for this tournament please let us know if you want somewhere to stay. There are Go players here who will be happy to look after you in their house.
I want to play!
The tournament entry cost is $25 if you have registered, or $30 if you have not.
To register fill in the form here
The tournament will have 6 rounds. Three on Saturday and three on Sunday.
New Zealand rules will be used.
Both the Open division and Division 2 will use the 'Swiss' draw system for match pairings.
SOS will be used to determine rankings in the case of equal wins.
Fisher Time control will be used with 10 minutes initial time and 20 seconds added after each move.
The Auckland Go club AGM will be held on Sunday after the first round of play.
- If you would like to discuss anything then, please let us know now, so that we can publish it before the AGM allowing people to think about it in advance.
|09:45 - 10:20||Registration||09:30 - 11:10||Round 4|
|10:20 - 12:00||Round 1||11:10 - 12:00||AGM|
|12:00 - 13:00||Lunch||12:00 - 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 - 14:40||Round 2||13:00 - 14:40||Round 5|
|14:40 - 14:50||Break||14:40 - 14:50||Break|
|14:50 - 16:30||Round 3||14:50 - 16:30||Round 6|
|16:30 - 17:00||Break - Except for the organisers|
|17:00 - 17:30||Prizegiving|
|18:00 - 20:00||Dinner and Party|
For more information please contact:
See you at the tournament!